- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
Lieutenant Eve Dallas gets pulled into investigating the death of a well loved police officer who appears to have died by natural causes and yet internal investigations is looking into his life and death. Next thing we know more people are dying including the dead police officer’s niece. Dead bodies are also appearing outside of the Roake estate.
Ceremony in Death is the fifth book in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, to date she has written 38 books in the series with book # 39 to be released November 30, 2010. I have read most of these books and found them all to be enjoyable and well written. This book falls into both the suspense and romance categories as the book focuses equally on the case Eve is currently working on as well as Eve and Roake’s relationship. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a dedicated and talented homicide detective. At times, the author also gives us insight into some of the other characters including the murderer. The books are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
This book deals with the Satanic and Wicca religions. It was interesting to read about the unusual rites used by these in the book. The story follows Eve as she looks into the death of a revered police officer. She is asked to do this on the QT and to keep her investigation from her friend and mentor Fenney as the officer was Fenney’s best friend. A number of deaths then ensue, all of them suspicious. A few of the deaths involve sacrificial knives used in both the Satanic and Wiccan’s ceremonies. There are a number of suspects that Eve is following and the story gets more interesting as it unfolds.
Robb keeps us guessing as to who the culpit is and how they are committing the crimes, she also throws in a few red herring clues. There were a few touching scenes between Fenney and Eve, since Eve was put into a difficult situation with her good friend. It brought tears to my eyes. The book is well written with a good climax at the end that was quite suspenseful and exciting. The story has a very satisfying final scene and conclusion. Eve and Roake are now married and it is fun to read their interactions. The sex scenes were well written and quite hot.
This is a stand alone book, and I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the previous books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. I was able to follow the clues and guess who the suspect really was, although I have not been able to do so in most of these books. The story is well written and enjoyable. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.