- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
A good futuristic suspense novel featuring Lieutenant Eve Dallas. Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a tough, smart, likable homicide detective. In each book she solves a crime and finds the killer. The book also encompasses her entire life including her personal relationships. The murders in this book are very intriguing. A very talented surgeon is harvesting damaged organs and then leaving dead victims.
Conspiracy in Death is the ninth book in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, to date she has written 39 books in the series with the 40th book being released February 11, 2011. I have read most of these books and found them all to be enjoyable and well written. This book falls into both the suspense and romance categories as the book focuses on the case Eve is currently working on as well as Eve and Roake’s relationship. This is a futuristic suspense that takes place in 2059 in New York City. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a dedicated and talented homicide detective. At times, the author also gives us insight into some of the other characters including the murderer. The books are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
Eve is brought onto the homicide scene of a homeless person whose heart has been surgically removed. Eve starts working the case and in the process comes into contact with a fellow police officer, Ellen Bowers who hates Eve and puts in several complaints about the Lieutenant. After Officer Bowers is found murdered, Eve is suspended and once her badge is taken away, she loses a piece of herself. Since her horrific childhood, being in law enforcement is the only identity that she has. This portion of the book is heart-wrenching and it is interesting to read about Eve’s struggle when she is faced with this loss. With Roake and her friends help and support, Eve pulls herself together and then continues to work the case as a civilian. It is always interesting to read Eve as she tracks down her suspects. The story becomes very suspenseful towards the end and has a very satisfying conclusion.
This is a standalone book, I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the other books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a bit of romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.