- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
Dr. Wilfred B. Icove is renowned for his reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries. He has been dubbed as Dr. Perfect and is loved by everybody. So who would kill him? Eve wants to find this out after he is found dead in his office from a stab wound to the heart. As Eve follows the trail of clues she discovers the shocking truth about this doctor.
To date there are 43 books in the In Death series, with one more expected to be released in September of 2012. These books are crime drama, suspense and romance because they focus on the case Eve is currently working on as well as her and Roake’s personal relationship. This is a futuristic suspense that takes place in 2059 in New York City. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, but at times the story is also told through some of the other characters including the murderer. They are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
There are many things that I love about this series, but the characters are my favorite aspect. Eve Dallas is a strong woman who has experienced a horrendous past, and she has found a way to not only live but to thrive. I enjoy reading about these characters and I love how they relate to each other. The banter that goes on between Eve and her partner Peabody is usually amusing. Roake, Eve’s sexy, and incredibly successful husband is an interesting and delightful character. Their relationship and interactions are always entertaining. Also the hot love scenes between Eve and Roake are fun to read.
There were many startling and unexpected events within this story line. The book examines the idea of cloning and the manipulation of human genetics. It shows what can happen when men play at being God. I never saw what was coming, but I loved how Eve follows the evidence and how the story unfolded.
This is a standalone story that had many twists and turns, numerous shocking events as well as an exciting ending. Origin in Death is a great addition to the In Death series and I recommend it as a very good book.
““No, no, no.” As they passed, nearly shoulder to shoulder, Nadine managed to shake the box. “Brownies. Triple chocolate.” “Bitch.” Eve sighed. “Five minutes.” “Surprised you didn’t just rip it out of her hands, then thumb your nose at her,” Peabody commented. “Considered, rejected. Too many witnesses.””