- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
Book Review: 3 Treasure Boxes
In Death Series, Book 6
Publisher: The Penguin Publishing Group (Electronic Edition: October 2003), EBook: 560 KB, Language: English, ISBN-978-0-425-16039-8
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is a tough, smart, likable homicide detective, featuring in a good futuristic suspense novel. In each book she solves a crime and finds the killer. The book also encompasses her entire life including her personal relationships. The murders in this book stem from Roake’s past and give us the opporturnity to learn more about Roake.
Vengeance in Death is the sixth book in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, to date she has written 38 books in the series with book # 39 to be released November 30, 2010. I have read most of these books and found them all to be enjoyable and well written. This book falls into both the suspense and romance categories as the book focuses on the case Eve is currently working on as well as Eve and Roake’s relationship. This is a futuristic suspense that takes place in 2058 in New York City. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a dedicated and talented homicide detective. At times, the author also gives us insight into some of the other characters including the murderer. The books are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
When Roake was young, he lived with Summerset and Summerset’s daughter. However, for revenge Roake’s enemies brutually raped and murdered Summerset’s daughter when she was 14. Over time Roake avenged this death, but now it is coming back to haunt him. Someone is systematically murdering everyone who supplied information to Roake which allowed him to obtain his revenge. It is up to Leutenant Eve Dallas to find the murderer before he gets to Roake.
This is a fascinating story which gives us a lot more insight into both Roake and Summerset. There are not many clues as to who the culprit is except someone from Roake’s past. Robb keeps any information as to who the murderer is until the end of the book and then all is revealed in a final exciting climax. Eve is fearless in her defence of Summerset and it shows a bond growing between the two of them, but the bond is still very nebulous. As usual there were a few sex scenese between Eve and Roake and they were steamy as ever.
This is a stand alone book, and I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the previous books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a strong female lead and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.