- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
This is a good futuristic suspense novel featuring Lieutenant Eve Dallas. She is a tough, smart, likable homicide detective. In each book she solves a crime and finds the killer. The book also encompasses her entire life including her personal relationships. Eve is investigating the murder of a young police officer. What at first appears to be a brutal killing soon turns out to involve a large conspiracy.
Judgment in Deathis the twelfth book in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, to date she has written 40 books in the series. Books 41 and 42 are expected out in the fall of 2011. I have read most of these books and found them all to be enjoyable and well written. This book falls into both the suspense and romance categories as the book focuses on the case Eve is currently working on as well as Eve and Roake’s relationship. This is a futuristic suspense that takes place in 2059 in New York City. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a dedicated and talented homicide detective. Although the story is also told through some of the other characters including the murderer. The books are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
Lieutenant Eve Dallas is working on solving the murder of several cops and they all include 30 peices of silver. During her investigation she finds that the link for these murders is the criminal Ricker and cops on the take. In addition, Ricker has had dealings with Roake in the past and has a hate-on for Roake. Naturally, this causes trouble in paradise, but the angry sex is hot, hot, hot. This books shows more depth into Roake character and it is interesting to read his jealous reaction against Webster, a fellow police detective from the Internal Affairs Division who is working with Eve on the case. The story flows well and builds to an exciting ending with Roake working undercover. Eve’s character is also further developed to show her truly kind heart when she is dealing with the murderer at the end of the story.
This is a standalone book but I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the other books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a bit of romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.