- Naked in Death by J. D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Glory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Immortal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Rapture in Death by J. D. Robb
- Ceremony in Death by J. D. Robb
- Vengeance in Death by J. D. Robb
- Holiday in Death by J. D. Robb
- Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
- Conspiracy in Death by J. D. Robb
- Loyalty in Death by J. D. Robb
- Witness in Death by J. D. Robb
- Judgment in Death by J. D. Robb
- Betrayal in Death by J. D. Robb
- Interlude in Death by J. D. Robb
- Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb
- Reunion in Death by J. D. Robb
- Purity in Death by J. D. Robb
- Portrait in Death by J. D. Robb
- Imitation in Death by J. D. Robb
- Big Jack by J. D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J. D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J. D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J. D. Robb
- Origin in Death by J. D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J. D. Robb
- Innocent in Death by J. D. Robb
Book Review: 2 Treasure Boxes
In Death Series, Book 11
Publisher: The Penguin Publishing Group (Electronic Edition: October 2003), EBook: 551 KB, Language: English, ISBN-0-9865-7134-3
This is a good futuristic suspense novel featuring Lieutenant Eve Dallas. She is a tough, smart, likeable homicide detective. In each book she solves a crime and finds the killer. The book also encompasses her entire life including her personal relationships. While Eve is at the play called Witness for the Prosecution, put on by one of Roake’s companies, the main character is literally killed on stage during the scene when he should be stabbed with a retractable knife. But in this case the knife did not retract; now it is up to Eve to discover who caused this gruesome death.
Witness in Death is the eleventh book in the In Death series by J.D. Robb, to date she has written 40 books in the series. I have read most of these books and found them all to be enjoyable and well written. This book falls into both the suspense and romance categories as the book focuses on the case Eve is currently working on as well as Eve and Roake’s relationship. This is a futuristic suspense that takes place in 2059 in New York City. The books are told in a third person narrative that focuses primarily on Lieutenant Eve Dallas, a dedicated and talented homicide detective, and the story is also told through some of the other characters including the murderer. The books are written by Nora Roberts under the pseudonym of J. D. Robb.
The Banter between Eve and Roake is fun to read. I also like Eve’s self-talk. Eve is tough, smart and focused yet she also is tender-hearted, especially in how she deals with women who have been abused. Her past affects her and is brought into the front of her mind whenever her current case triggers it. In this book, the discovered incest between the victim and his daughter is a sure trigger and Eve’s reaction is heart-wrenching. It is really sweet when she turns to Roake and he knows just how to help and comfort her. The story builds well and it has a few twists along the way. It is interesting to read the final conclusion and find out who really killed the bastard.
This is a standalone book but I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the other books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a bit of romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.